Restrictions are currently in place in Victoria. Effective 11.59pm on Tuesday, 12 May 2020, the government is telling Victorians there are only 5 reasons to be out:
- shopping for what you need - food and essential supplies
- medical, care or compassionate needs
- exercise in compliance with the public gathering requirements
- work and study if you can’t work or learn remotely
- visiting friends and family - if you really need to
Police can issue fines for non-compliance with these restrictions.
For more information, you can see a comprehensive list of Frequently asked questions about Directions by the Victorian Chief Health Officer at the Department of Health and Human Services.
See the gradual easing of restrictions page at the Department of Health and Human Services for more detail about the easing of restrictions from 11.59pm on 12 May 2020.
For more information, visit https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-victoria#gradual-easing-of-restrictions.