SIT40716 Certificate IV in Patisserie
RGIT Australia's Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40716) course reflects the role of pastry chefs who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. Students will be trained to operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
The Certificate IV in Patisserie (SIT40716) course provides a pathway to work in various organisations where patisserie products are prepared and served, including patisseries, restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
Certificate IV in Patisserie
|Duration||72 weeks (Incl. Holidays)|
|Intake Dates||Feb, Apr, Jul, Oct|
|Work-Based Training (WBT)||
160 hours consisting minimum of 12 complete service periods/shifts with combination of breakfast, lunch, dinner and special function
The training must be completed in an industry commercial kitchen with realistic ratios of kitchen staff to customers
|Tuition Fee||AU $24,000|
|Material Fee||AU $0|
|Campus||Melbourne and Hobart|
This qualification reflects the role of pastry chefs who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. Students will learn how to operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
Possible job roles include:
- Chef De Partie
- Chef Patissier.
Students will need to complete 26 core units and 6 elective units of competency to attain the qualification.
- BSBDIV501 - Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 - Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 - Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC011 - Use cookery skills effectively
- SITHCCC018 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 - Coordinate cooking operations
- SITHPAT001 - Produce cakes
- SITHPAT002 - Produce gateaux, torten and cakes
- SITHPAT003 - Produce Pastries
- SITHPAT004 - Produce yeast-based bakery products
- SITHPAT005 - Produce petits fours
- SITHPAT006 - Produce desserts
- SITHPAT007 - Prepare and model marzipan
- SITHPAT008 - Produce chocolate confectionery
- SITHPAT009 - Model sugar-based decorations
- SITHPAT010 - Design and produce sweet buffet showpieces
- SITXCOM005 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 - Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXWHS001 - Participate in safe work practices
- BSBWOR203 - Work effectively with others
- SITFAB005 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHIND002 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHKOP001 - Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITXCCS007 - Enhance customer service experiences
*Elective units for this qualification are current at the time of publication and are subject to change.
All international students must be at least 18 years of age or above at the time of the course commencement to study at RGIT Australia.
English Language Requirements
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
i) Either a minimum IELTS (General) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into a VET course, or IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent with a General English (ELICOS) course (up to 30 weeks) to be taken before the main VET course plus successful completion of RGIT Australia’s Language and Numeracy Test on completion of General English (ELICOS) program.
Results older than two years are not acceptable.
ii) Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
iii) Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
iv) Applicants originating from students visa assessment levels 1 and 2 (countries) without the required IELTS score must undertake an English Placement Test conducted at RGIT Australia’s campus as part of the enrolment process.
If there are concerns about the applicants’ English language proficiency, they will be required to undertake a suitable General English (ELICOS) or EAL program. For further information on student visa assessment levels visit Department of Home Affairs’ website at www.homeaffairs.gov.au.
Please note: RGIT Australia will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) PBT
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
International students applying either off-shore or on-shore must meet a minimum academic requirement to get admission to RGIT Australia courses. The table below summarises the academic entry requirements. Refer to information on individual courses for course-specific requirements.
|Level of Study||Academic Requirements|
|Certificate II & III||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 11 or higher|
|Certificate IV||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 11 or Certificate III or higher|
|Diploma||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 or Certificate IV or higher|
|Advanced Diploma||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 or Diploma or higher|
Early Childhood Education and Care/Community Services
Requirements prior to the start of Work-Based Training (WBT) components for Early Childhood Education and Care and Community Services include:
1. A satisfactory and valid National Police clearance / Australian Federal Police Clearance Certificate
2. A satisfactory and valid Working with Children Check
Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
Requirements prior enrolment in ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology, students must have satisfactorily completed Diploma of Information Technology or equivalent qualifications. Students are expected to possess advanced IT skills in IT networking, software development, communications or computing.
Qualifications offered by RGIT Australia are based on the principles, guidelines and standards set by Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and VET Quality Framework (VQF) and are nationally recognised.