CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC)
RGIT Australia's Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) program is ideal for early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so, you will work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC)
|Duration||78 Weeks (Incl. Holidays)|
|Work-Based Training (WBT)||240 hours in a regulated educaiton and care service|
|Intake Dates||Feb, Apr, Jul, Oct|
|Tuition Fee||AU $16,000|
|Material Fee||AU $0|
|Campus||Melbourne and Hobart|
This program is ideal for early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so you will work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
Possible job roles include roles in:
- Long Day Care, Kindergarten and Family Day Care.
Roles may include:
- Childhood Education Manager
- Outside school hours coordinator
Students will need to complete 23 core units and 5 elective units of competency to attain the qualification.
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCECE009 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE001 - Develop cultural competence
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- CHCECE002 - Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCECE005 - Provide care for babies and toddler
- CHCECE003 - Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- CHCECE016 - Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE007 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE019 - Facilitate compliance in an education and care services
- CHCECE025 - Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE017 - Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE020 - Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE022 - Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE021 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE023 - Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE026 - Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCECE024 - Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCPOL002 - Develop and implement policy
- CHCPOL003 Research and Apply Evidence to Practice
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
*Elective units for this qualification are current at the time of publication and are subject to change.
All international students must be at least 18 years of age or above at the time of the course commencement to study at RGIT Australia.
English Language Requirements
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
i) Either a minimum IELTS (General) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into a VET course, or IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent with a General English (ELICOS) course (up to 30 weeks) to be taken before the main VET course plus successful completion of RGIT Australia’s Language and Numeracy Test on completion of General English (ELICOS) program.
Results older than two years are not acceptable.
ii) Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
iii) Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
iv) Applicants originating from students visa assessment levels 1 and 2 (countries) without the required IELTS score must undertake an English Placement Test conducted at RGIT Australia’s campus as part of the enrolment process.
If there are concerns about the applicants’ English language proficiency, they will be required to undertake a suitable General English (ELICOS) or EAL program. For further information on student visa assessment levels visit Department of Home Affairs’ website at www.homeaffairs.gov.au.
Please note: RGIT Australia will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) PBT
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
International students applying either off-shore or on-shore must meet a minimum academic requirement to get admission to RGIT Australia courses. The table below summarises the academic entry requirements. Refer to information on individual courses for course-specific requirements.
|Level of Study||Academic Requirements|
|Certificate II & III||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 11 or higher|
|Certificate IV||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 11 or Certificate III or higher|
|Diploma||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 or Certificate IV or higher|
|Advanced Diploma||Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 or Diploma or higher|
Early Childhood Education and Care/Community Services
Requirements prior to the start of Work-Based Training (WBT) components for Early Childhood Education and Care and Community Services include:
1. A satisfactory and valid National Police clearance / Australian Federal Police Clearance Certificate
2. A satisfactory and valid Working with Children Check
Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
Requirements prior enrolment in ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology, students must have satisfactorily completed Diploma of Information Technology or equivalent qualifications. Students are expected to possess advanced IT skills in IT networking, software development, communications or computing.
Qualifications offered by RGIT Australia are based on the principles, guidelines and standards set by Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and VET Quality Framework (VQF) and are nationally recognised.