CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
RGIT Australia's Diploma of Community Services program teaches students about the skills and knowledge required to work in a range of community service roles. This course prepares students to look after several aspects a person's life and help them deal with life issues from health and security to emotional wellbeing.
Diploma of Community Services
*Special promotional fees may be applicable. For further information call RGIT Australia Sales & Marketing Department on (+61) 3 8639 9000 (Melbourne), (+61) 3 6217 9000 (Hobart) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a difference to someone’s life! The Diploma of Community Services is perfect for those who wish to work in the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, coordinating or delivering of person-centered services to individuals, groups and communities. Get qualified for a broad range of careers in the community services.
Career Opportunities may include:
- Case coordinator
- Case worker or manager
- Community services worker
- Family support worker
- Group facilitator or coordinator
- Pastoral care counsellor
- Program coordinator or manager
- Senior youth officer
Students will need to complete 8 core units and 8 elective units of competency to attain the qualification.
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCADV002 - Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCMHS001 - Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCAOD009 - Develop and review individual alcohol and other drugs treatment plans
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
*Elective units for this qualification are current at the time of publication and are subject to change.
All international students must be at least 18 years of age or above at the time of the course commencement to study at RGIT Australia.
English Language Requirements
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
i) Either a minimum IELTS (General) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into a VET course, or IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent with a General English (ELICOS) course (up to 30 weeks) to be taken before the main VET course plus successful completion of RGIT Australia’s Language and Numeracy Test on completion of General English (ELICOS) program.
Results older than two years are not acceptable.
ii) Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
iii) Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
iv) Applicants originating from students visa assessment levels 1 and 2 (countries) without the required IELTS score must undertake an English Placement Test conducted at RGIT Australia’s campus as part of the enrolment process.
If there are concerns about the applicants’ English language proficiency, they will be required to undertake a suitable General English (ELICOS) or EAL program. For further information on student visa assessment levels visit Department of Home Affairs’ website at www.homeaffairs.gov.au.
Please note: RGIT Australia will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) PBT
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
International students applying either off-shore or on-shore must meet a minimum academic requirement to get admission to RGIT Australia courses. The table below summarises the academic entry requirements. Refer to information on individual courses for course-specific requirements.
Level of Study
Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 11 or higher
Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 11 or Certificate III or higher
Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 or Certificate IV or higher
Satisfactory completion of the equivalent of Australian Year 12 or Diploma or higher
Early Childhood Education and Care/Community Services
Requirements prior to the start of Work-Based Training (WBT) components for Early Childhood Education and Care and Community Services include:
1. A satisfactory and valid National Police clearance / Australian Federal Police Clearance Certificate
2. A satisfactory and valid Working with Children Check
All students are required to undertake a pre-training review which aims to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, relevance of the courses to learner, and relevant experience.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN) (International)
Students unable to produce IELTS or PTE results will be required to undertake LLN test.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy test (LLN) (Domestic)
Students undertaking this course must possess sound language, literacy and numeracy skills. All students are required to undertake a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) test mapped at ACSF level 3 conducted by the Institute.
Qualifications offered by RGIT Australia are based on the principles, guidelines and standards set by Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and VET Quality Framework (VQF) and are nationally recognised.